Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Day 9: Boogie Boarding and Tacos!

Yes, tacos. There's some connection between So Cal and Hawaii. Tacos are good in both places but if you can hear the ocean while eating one, well that's the best. I'll get back to those later.

I walk downstairs from our loft this morning and find this. So this girl sleeps s little funny huh? But I'm pretty sure that I sleep the same way when left alone on the couch. A girl after my heart is what she is. I still can't believe that she brought her pillow AND blanket in her carry-on baggage. We don't check luggage so that was a lot of space that I could have filled with...I don't know. Souvenirs?

We checked out Shipwreck beach today since it was supposed to have better waves for boogie boarding. The kids had fun surfing the waves and Todd snorkeled a bit as well. I shot pictures and got sandblasted on the beach. The sand is so white and fine that the winds pick it up pretty easily. I suppose that could be seen as a beauty treatment. The kids were pleased and it's always a pleasure to see smiles like these.


The goggles shots are pretty hilarious but after a while the salt does start to irritate your eyes. And Katie, well we re-enacted a few Little Mermaid shots with a rock we found that looked to resemble the iconic shot. We make our own fun!


So I was the napper today, but it appears that nobody snapped a photo so there's no evidence of such a problem. While I napped on the couch everyone played George - our all-time favorite card game.

The rest of the afternoon was filled with other naps, card games, a walk to the store by Emily and Papa, and Todd and I went snorkeling. No photos today. Just enjoyed the fish and swimming with my honey. ❤️

Dinner was takeout at Maui Tacos and maybe a little sampling of lumpia from Joey's Kitchen. Yelp reviews said they have awesome Filipino food so I had to check them out. And yes, the lumpia was so good that no photos were taken.


We ended the night with a movie. Chicago - the musical. Our family and music are like two peas in a pod.

Short day y'all. Packing up in the morning 😥

No comments:

Post a Comment